Thursday, January 24, 2013

Keeping your Foresight

I sometimes Chinese people do some really strange things.  At least, to me they seem strange.  I would assume that here in China it is just the cultural norm.  Sometimes you see very poorly translated signs that are hilarious.  Sometimes you encounter rules or methods that leave you scratching your head in utter confusion.  And sometimes, ever so rarely, you get the opportunity to witness something that is at once completely baffling and at the same time sums up the entirety of Chinese’s ability to plan ahead. I saw a seemingly innocuous line of windows, that were covered by a brick wall on the inside. A grand view from the Residency Permit Office in Xi’an.

Tomorrow I leave for Guangxi for a three day jaunt in my first solo adventure here in China.  I shall be returning Monday night so be sure to check back Tuesday for an update.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment